Sunday, March 31, 2019

Kara-Men Ajisen at TripleOne Somerset

Pork Shabu Tonkotsu Paitan Ramen

Ajisen Singapore has opened up a karamen shop at TripleOne Somerset (111 Somerset Road #01-07, 6235-0158). But I didn't get their karamen, as they had a tonkotsu paitan that looked rather interesting due to its vinegar, chopped onions, and prawn-based chili oil on the side.

It turned out that the vinegar wasn't just a mild accentuation like I thought it would be though. Instead, this thing was just full-on sour, like a Chinese hot and sour soup. It was so sour that there's no point in talking about the broth as you couldn't taste it anyway.

And yet, I have to confess that I kinda liked it, and that's before even adding the chili oil. Granted, I don't think I'll go back for it either, but it was an interesting surprise. And oh yeah, maybe one day I should go back to try the namesake karamen too.

No comments: