Friday, February 08, 2019

Hokkaido Carbonara from Japan's Baristart Coffee

Hokkaido Carbonara Pasta

This small coffee chain from Sapporo has an outlet in Singapore (65 Tras Street, 6904-3169) and has gotten some attention for its use of milk from a small town called Biei. This milk apparently comes from only 800 cows, and - not surprisingly - is supposed to be very rich.

Naturally, I was curious. I'm not much of a coffee drinker though, so my priority was on their carbonara pasta, which features this milk as well as Kurobuta pork belly. Yes, it was of a thick consistency, and the pasta was cooked nice and firm. It wasn't quite as rich as I had imagined it to be, but I still cleared this cheesy thing in seconds.

This place is just wayyyy too crowded for me to want to come back right away though (and the prices weren't cheap either, especially if you also got a drink to go with it). Yet I'll admit that I am kinda curious about their cream puffs, soft serve, and Jersey milk coffee.

No comments: