Friday, November 09, 2018

Caffe Fernet at Customs House, Singapore

Mafaldine Cacio e Pepe

This place (70 Collyer Quay, 9178-1105) isn't cheap, but I was so impressed with their cocktails after a corporate-sponsored event not long ago that I figured that I'd stop by after work tonight. It turns out that it's from the folks behind Jigger and Pony, which explains a few things. And fortunately, one could get a negroni or an old fashioned for a reasonable price of just S$15 (US$11) during happy hour. They also had a cacio e pepe on the menu that I wanted to try. I preferred Cicheti's more fragrant version, but this one still did the job, even if it was rather pricey at S$25 (US$18). I suppose that someone has to pay for that scenic view of the Marina.

1 comment:

tery said...

I felt this Cacio e Pepe was somewhat disappointing. So disappointing that the ones I have tried in Sydney's Chester White Diner absolutely blew this away. In fact, that pasta made me realise how wonderful simple pasta can taste whereas this one wouldn't even get me excited of Cacio E Pepe or the fact its a Roman dish and I would want to go there to try it the next time I am up there!

T