Saturday, November 03, 2018

Bangkok's Go-Ang Kaomunkai Pratunam in Singapore

Chicken With Rice

Thai chicken rice was one of my favorite things to eat back in school, as it was available from restaurants in East Hollywood's Thai Town. I haven't had any since that time, but the chili sauce in particular was something that made it different from chicken rice in Singapore. So when this Michelin Bib Gourmand stall from Bangkok opened an outlet at NEX (23 Serangoon Central #B1-05, 6559-9980), I wanted to go there for a taste.

Plain Omelette

Yes, it was good (and affordable!), with moist chicken and a savory soup to wash it down. The rice wasn't as fragrant as many places in Singapore, but those distinct grains were good enough, and I liked how they didn't cover the chicken in a sweet sauce (well, the brown chili sauce was a tad sweet, but it was on the side and with refreshingly coarse cuts of ginger). Actually, the sour chili sauce that came with the omelette was like the one I had in school, so I used that on the chicken too.

No comments: