Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Random Fried Chicken from Bangkok

Fried Chicken

We didn't really stop to eat lunch today. Fortunately, there is no shortage of street food in Bangkok where one can get a snack. And after finishing a meeting in the office, I made my way over to the Makkasan train station to get back to the airport on this (intentional) seven hour layover, upon which I came across this dude selling fried chicken. I couldn't quite put my finger on the exact spices, but it seemed like a blend of cumin, anise, and sansho, if I tasted it correctly. I don't seem to remember that kind of spice mix last time I had fried chicken in Thailand.

BTW, when did this Airport Rail Link start running at only 60 minute intervals? If one doesn't arrive at the right time and ends up waiting around for say, 50 minutes, then that defeats the whole point of having a high speed train to the airport, especially since traffic on the highway didn't seem that bad when I looked out of the window at 5 PM. Maybe next time I'll give that local train a try instead, especially if the timing ends up getting me to my destination more quickly.

No comments: