Friday, September 14, 2018

Momofuku Noodle Bar in New York City

Shrimp Buns

I made it out to Momofuku Noodle Bar tonight (171 1st Avenue, 212-500-0831). The food didn't blow me away, but it was fine given the quality of the ingredients. Those shrimp buns above, for instance, were fun to eat, and a fluke crudo starter was refreshing too, even if all of the seasoning, oil, and black pepper basically covered up the taste the fish. After that, I ventured over to their "Extremely Spicy Noodles" below, which they warned me about in advance.

Extremely Spicy Noodles

It was almost painful to eat. After a few bites, the slow burn made me not only sweat but also tear up a little. I was disappointed in that it was more about providing sheer heat rather than lacing it with any other flavors (it felt like I was on an Adam Richman show, and not in a good way). I gave up halfway through, sending the rest into the bin. Maybe I should've tried his noodle soups instead.

No comments: