Sunday, September 16, 2018

Jim Neely's Interstate Bar-B-Que in Memphis, Tennesee

Barbecue Spaghetti

One of the other reasons why I wanted to come to Memphis was for something very local and not really available anywhere else: barbecue spaghetti. Similar to those barbecue nachos from last night, it's not like they put noodles on a grill. Instead, it's spaghetti mixed in with pulled pork and barbecue sauce. I'll be honest with you in that it really didn't sound very good, but I was very curious to try it nonetheless.

This shop (2265 South 3rd Street, 901-775-2304) has some history with the dish. But I just couldn't finish it given how sweet and overpowering the sauce was. I was hoping that perhaps there were something more magical about it, but it just didn't work for me (I liked the slaw though!). In retrospect, I should've gotten their Bar-B-Q Sandwich instead, with just a small side order of spaghetti rather than an entire platter.

No comments: