Saturday, September 15, 2018

CLASSIFIED by United Airlines at Newark Airport

Wedge Salad

The other day, I got an interesting email from United, saying that they have an invitation-only restaurant at Newark Airport. Everything about the pitch was about how exclusive it was (there is a secret entrance, and you only get directions after making a reservation), without any mention of the chef and what made the food unique. I thus didn't bother making a reservation. But then I heard that this place is located in the back of Saison, a restaurant whose menu had input from Alain Ducasse. Really? If it's the same menu, then I'm in!

It was pricey though, and not as elegant as one might think, especially with those iPads at each table. And it turned out that it wasn't a Ducasse menu after all. They used the same kitchen, but the menu was different. Well, I just went with that wedge salad above, along with some local East Coast oysters on the half shell. They were fine, but nothing memorable. And there's not really any need to come back unless I just need a peaceful sanctuary with their really posh bathrooms.

No comments: