Sunday, August 26, 2018

Zai Shun Curry Fish Head in Jurong East

Teochew Porridge

This Michelin Bib Gourmand stall (253 Jurong East Street 24 #01-205, 6560-8594) can be a bit deceiving. First off, it's more about steamed fish and Teochew porridge than it is about curry fish head. Secondly, they operate from 7 AM - 3 PM, which means that there's no way that you're eating it for dinner.

So I got this steamed fish for breakfast today. It was fresh, but nothing that exciting either (I think I got a cheaper grade, since all of that above was only S$12.30 or US$9). I was more interested in that minced meat thing above it, which lit up with a squeeze of local calamansi lime, mixing in nicely with my porridge.

I saw quite a few tables opting for what was presumably a much more expensive fish (even if most of them were not fish head curry), not to mention pig's trotters. I am curious to see what those are like. But next time, remember to get two bowls of porridge.

2 comments:

muchadoabouteating said...

Oh it's hae bee hiam (spicy dry shrimp) not minced meat! It's pretty awesome right?

bma said...

I stand corrected! Yes, it was good.