Monday, June 25, 2018

Ramen Keisuke Champon King in Singapore

Yama Champon

Champon has always been a bit weird for me. The thought of it is just unappealing, and yet, the few times that I have had it, I ended up liking more than I thought I would. Well, this time Keisuke opened up a small champon shop at International Plaza (10 Anson Road #01-02, 6224-2234), so I popped over today for lunch.

Yep, I liked it better than I thought I would, especially with its velvety rich broth. Unlike Ringer Hut, the broth wasn't peppery, but there was plenty of pepper at the counter for you to spike it with. He also had a tub of dry "Keisuke Garlic Chili" that wasn't too bad either.

As usual, he provided his signature supply of bean sprouts and eggs. But I didn't even bother with the eggs. I guess my gripe with champon is that it's just too heavy, especially with those thick noodles. It was all so heavy that I won't really go back, despite my positive experience.

No comments: