Sunday, May 06, 2018

The Bywater in Los Gatos, California

Shrimp and Avocado Remoulade

I've never been to Manresa. And after they got their Michelin stars, I don't think I can ever go there. But fortunately, the chef has opened a more casual place down the street (532 North Santa Cruz Avenue, 408-560-9639), featuring food from New Orleans where he grew up.

It's my kind of place, with not just craft cocktails but also a fun menu with attitude, all while using quality ingredients. Indeed, his menu featured "yaka mein" (a noodle soup served in Chinese restaurants in New Orleans) that contained some wonderfully charred fatty pork slices in a spicy broth with rice noodles.

A number of other items on the menu looked particularly tasty, including the red beans and rice. It's no wonder that this place is a Bib Gourmand. I'm happily coming back here again, preferably with someone else driving so as to make proper use of the bar.

No comments: