Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Cerveseria Catalana in Barcelona, Spain

Mushrooms

I didn't really have a proper dinner tonight; just an occasional bite from some catered corporate events here and there. And after a good number of drinks in the Eixample neighborhood, I figured that I'd stop at this place (236 Carrer de Mallorca, 932-160368) on my way back to the hotel, especially since it's open until 1 AM!

It was wonderful!! I peered in the glass case and grabbed a plate of mushrooms, artichoke and some lovely red prawns, the last of which were naturally sweet with some super rich headfat. I don't know if it's the alcohol talking or not, but those were seriously some of the best prawns that I've ever had.

I also spotted some calçots on their list of specials. I think they grilled it on a flat platter rather than on a flame (and thus not needing any peeling), but it was still good to get, even if I was so stuffed that I could only get through half of my plate. It's still amazing to me either way that a place as good as this is open so late.

No comments: