Tuesday, December 05, 2017

A Quick Poke and Spam Musubi Snack in Hawaii

Hawaiian Ahi Tuna Poke

Hawaii is so cool in that I can just walk into a random supermarket, head to the back counter, and grab a little serving of poke for an afternoon snack. It's healthy, cheap, tasty, and one has full control over how filling you want it to be by specifying the amount (these guys also offered rice bowls if you so wished, complete with a range of toppings, unlike yesterday's simple set up).

This Hawaiian ahi tuna was delicious, as it had a punchy saltiness that didn't overwhelm it, all while being savory thanks to that limu seaweed. The Spam musubi had a bit of a glaze on it and wasn't anything special, but I had to get one while I was in Hawaii. I did get to try the octopus poke (free samples!), but I'm still glad that I got the fresh ahi above.

1 comment:

Liverella said...

Do go to Alicia’s market if you are still in Honolulu.... their poke and roast pig worth the drive totally ;)