Saturday, November 25, 2017

Osaka's Tsuruhashi Fugetsu at Singapore's Eat at Seven

Buta-tama Modanyaki

This is the place that I tried to get into last night but failed (3 Temasek Boulevard #03-316, 6560-0290). And I nearly couldn't get in tonight either, but somehow they let me in despite initially telling me that there was a 30-40 minute wait. I went for the very basic pork modanyaki, and I was happy with the quality.

Only halfway through eating this did I get the sense that this was oddly familiar. It turns out that I've eaten here before, and it wasn't in Japan either: it was at a basement stall in Singapore a number of years ago that has since vanished.

The difference, of course, is that now there is seating, a wider menu selection, and they cook to order. But it also takes a bit of time for the food to come out of the kitchen (and you also leave the place smelling like grease), so this won't likely be a frequent haunt of mine either.

No comments: