Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Ramen Taisho at Maxwell Food Centre

Ajitama Ramen

I didn't have high hopes for a ramen stall at a hawker center (1 Kadayanallur Street #01-32, 6777-5859). But it made for a convenient stop before heading home tonight, and it was a lot better than I thought it would be, particularly the firm skinny noodles.

To be sure, that was also because they allowed you to customize your ramen a bit, and I specified that I wanted a hard texture, not to mention extra salty broth. But the broth wasn't that salty, which then made me wonder how bland the normal broth would've been.

Anyway, I'm still pretty sick of tonkotsu ramen, so I probably won't be coming back here again. But if I do, I might be curious to try that sambal ikan bilis version that I saw on their menu, not to mention perhaps grabbing a craft beer from the stall next to it.

No comments: