Thursday, August 31, 2017

Pastaria Abate Italian Pasta Kitchen, Singapore

Tagliatelle Italian Meatballs

I get really irked whenever I see overpriced pasta at restaurants around here. That's why I got so excited about going to Valentino's hawker stall in Hougang and Ah Bong's in Tiong Bahru. But the former has closed down, while the latter has shifted to a place near Bugis while charging twice the price that they used to, which defeated the point for me.

So I was delighted to find this place in Tanjong Pagar (43 Craig Road, 6909-0672) doing homemade pasta with prices ranging from around S$9 to S$16 (US$6.60 to US$11.80). That makes it even cheaper than Ah Bong's, and in a nicer venue to boot! Most importantly, they don't overcook the pasta here, keeping it nice and firm.

Having said that though, these guys technically haven't started full operations yet, with slow service and only a limited number of items available right now (and those meatballs above were a bit dry and still cold in the center!). So I'll pass on the meatballs next time, but I'm definitely coming back at these prices, especially since wine by the glass is just S$7 (US$5) too.

No comments: