Sunday, July 12, 2015

Cicely Kitchen at PasarBella @ The Grandstand

Aglio Olio

I've had my eye on this stall (200 Turf Club Road #02-K33) for a while now, as those bowls of noodles on display looked pretty darned good, all supplemented by a nice aroma when they cooked out in the open. So it was a bit of a shock when I took my first bite and encountered waaaaaay too much garlic.

Sure, it was aglio olio after all, but even then, they could have done this with just a quarter of the garlic that they used. It's a shame too since I liked how they kept the noodles nice and firm. But I practically had to force myself to eat the rest.

Incidentally, it looks like many of the chain stores at PasarBella have moved out, now replaced by others like a stall doing grilled cheese sandwiches. That little Cheese Ark cellar is shutting down too; we'll have to hit it a few times before they close at the end of the month.

1 comment:

I Love Teh Tarik! said...

I had this before too, it wasn't bad.. but it wasn't that good as well..
My friend was saying the roasted pork knuckles were good, try it next time!

I will miss the Cheese Ark the most! Always look forward to going to that lil cold cellar whenever I am there..