Thursday, April 09, 2015

Some Random Noodles in Shenzhen, China

Noodles

I had no idea what this was. But I was again pressed for time and needed something quick to shove into my belly. This random rice noodle shop was nearby here in Shenzhen, so I grabbed what was presumably their signature dish and sat down.

Yeah, it was good. There were some deliciously thin slices of fatty pork with a crackling edge that gave this bowl a good oomph, especially when also complemented with chili oil and other garnishes.

Actually, there was some kind of procedure written on the wall about how to eat this thing, but it was written in Chinese. I saw some people going back up to the counter for more soup halfway through their bowl, so I did the same. I'm not sure if it was correct, but it was good.

No comments: