Monday, March 09, 2015

The HITSUJI CLUB on Circular Road, Singapore

Jingisukan

I've been wanting to come to this Hokkaido BBQ place for a while. But I was short on time tonight, and grilling up jingisukan wasn't exactly going to be fast. Still, the place that I was going to go to instead wasn't open, so I figured what the heck...I'll go get jingisukan, especially since they offered solo diner portions (65 Circular Road, 6221-3789).

It was much better than I thought it would be. Granted, it's been ages since I've had jingisukan, and even then, it wasn't really the same thing given that I didn't get to grill it myself last time. I also forgot that it was done on an inverted grill with a chunk of fat on top to lube it down; a bit like Thai mookata but without the soup tray at the bottom. Instead, it was a little valley of grease for you to grill onions and stuff in.

Either way, I wolfed this stuff down as quickly as I could, even if it was a bit hard to grill those veggies on a shape like this. I had forgotten how onion-heavy this was too, and ended up stanking as I left the premises. Nonetheless, it was delicious and the service was friendly too. I'll come back here, but only if I have the time, budget, and most importantly, license to emanate dragon breath afterwards.

No comments: