Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Osaka's Kinoshita at Westgate in Singapore

Yakiniku

A big yakiniku chain from Osaka opened up an outlet in Singapore, but alllll the way out in Jurong at the new Westgate mall (3 Gateway Drive #04-07, 6465-9151), of all places. I didn't even know about them until last week when we had lunch there with a nearby client. But I've been meaning to come back here ever since then to see what else was on the menu.

I nearly went a la carte with some wagyu today until I fell back on the weekday lunch buffet. At S$24.80 (US$20), the quality of the ingredients wasn't anything to get excited about, but it was still marginally edible enough for me to eat quickly. The package also provided access to some kind of sora-kara fried chicken that they seemed to be known for; it was tender, although nothing to go nuts for either.

Still, I'm happy to make the trek all the way out to Jurong again to try ordering some proper wagyu next time...or perhaps get that gyu-nabe that they seem to take pride in too. I won't be able to come solo for that though as the portion size is apparently for two people to share that big pot.

No comments: