Sunday, January 20, 2013

Hakodate's Zundou Ramen at Isetan

Seafood Miso Ramen

I wasn't planning on eating here today. But when I went to Isetan Scotts today to pick up some supplies, I noticed that they were running another Hokkaido Fair, complete with a ramen stall in front that I'd never heard of before. I'm normally not a huge fan of Hokkaido ramen, but I figured that I'd grab a bowl of this seafood version given that it was only available in limited quantities today.

Unfortunately, I'm still not a huge fan of miso ramen. Sure, it got a little better after some of that butter melted into it, but I'm just not a huge fan of that broth, and the curly noodles aren't anything that I go nuts for either. Surprisingly, I still finished the entire thing (and that's despite having just eaten two plates of bún chả at Wrap & Roll less than an hour beforehand!), but I kinda wished that I just got one of those rice boxes instead.

No comments: