Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sandwich Saigon, East Coast Road

Bánh Mì

I haven't had much luck getting good bánh mì in Singapore, so I wasn't getting my hopes up about this place either (93 East Coast Road, 6345-3849). Boy, was I wrong. The bread here was completely spot-on: it was crispy and light as air, as Vietnamese bread should be, blowing other places around here completely out of the water.

Now, these guys were pretty timid with their ingredients: chili slices were not provided by default, while pâté incurred an extra charge (even the condensed milk in my cà phê sữa đá was very limited). In that sense, local chain Baguette is much tastier. But no one compares to the bread here: I even went back for a second one. Either that, or they were just too stingy the first time around.

No comments: