Thursday, June 28, 2012

Koo Kee Yong Tow Foo Mee, Bishan

Ma La Yong Tow Foo Mee

I walked past each stall at the Kim San Leng Food Centre today and ended up picking this place, in part because I was told that the noodles were good, but also because I saw an interesting mala variation of yong tau foo that might be interesting to try. Unfortunately, it turned out to have none of the Sichuan peppercorns that the name suggested, being instead a more of a goopy sweet sauce instead.

Yong Tow Foo Mee Set A

I did like the flat porky noodles though, so I went back to try the more proper unadulterated version with this set above, which I ended up liking much better, especially the veggies were drizzled with a bit of a fermented doufuru sauce. I didn't care much for that chili sauce on the side, but if I'm up here again, I'll be sure to get this version, although admittedly more for the noodles than for the yong tau foo .

1 comment:

Nilcha said...

Hey thanks for dinner idea, stayed in bishan but never try it bfore :)