Monday, March 12, 2012

Dio Deka, Los Gatos, California

Mithia

Mmm...that was much better than I thought it would be. Granted, it did have a Michelin star and all. But we were deep in the 'burbs, so I was surprised with this Greek place tucked away inside a little boutique hotel (210 E. Main St, 408-354-7700).

Not only was the food good, but the service and decor were great too. My favorite was the grilled octopus as well as the abalone, both of which were seasoned perfectly, as were the mussels above. Apparently this guy spent some time at Ubuntu in Napa as well as nearby Manresa, which perhaps explains a few things.

My only gripe was a cauliflower that was unnecessarily salty, but they did say it was salt-baked (I was expecting, as with many other salt-baked dishes, for it in fact to *not* be salty). But I'll easily come back here again - most likely for small plates and wine, if anything.

No comments: