Sunday, August 07, 2011

Burmese Food From Maw Shan, Peninsula Plaza

Dry Shan Noodles

I was in the neighborhood and needed a quick bite, so I figured that I'd pop over to Peninsula Plaza to see if there was anything interesting there. Inle Myanmar was packed with customers, so I made my way over to the food court instead, only to find that pretty much every single stall there was Burmese. I thus randomly plopped myself down at this one (111 North Bridge Road #B1-07) and picked the first thing off the menu: dry Shan noodles.

I really didn't have any idea of what to expect, but I liked it. These salty greasy noodles went down easily, especially when I further scooped on some of that crumbly dark chili sauce they provided at each table. They also had some tofu on the menu; I didn't get any, but I can only presume that it would be more authentic than the one from Cedele. Anyway, I still like Burmese food...it's like an earthier version of Thai food, if that is any way to describe it.

No comments: