Saturday, October 31, 2009

Toku Toku Handmade Udon, Singapore

Tempura Curry Udon

It looks like Botejyu at Liang Court recently added Toku Toku's udon to its menu. I didn't really care too much for it when I tried it last time at Manpuku in Tampines, but I was thinking that maybe that was only because the kitchen was stretched in such a crowded environment, whereas a calmer sit-down shop would produce something better.

Well, if there was supposed to be something more to it, then I had trouble tasting it, as it still seemed like the frozen stuff that I could have bought at Meidi-ya downstairs...which, mind you, is still good, but is just something that could have been made at home. OK, I wouldn't have had the tempura at home, and most likely not that Japanese curry either. It still couldn't replace what I liked from the now-defunct Wakashachiya though.

2 comments:

3 hungry tummies said...

Made this a few weeks ago, have a look :)

http://3hungrytummies.blogspot.com/2009/10/tempura-with-udon_07.html

purinne said...

hiya :) ... u shd try the udon stall right outside meidi-ya supermarket :) ... its better than botejyu's :) ... their cold udon is my all-time fav :) ... and its cheap and gd :D ...