Friday, March 30, 2007

Lagoon Leng Kee Beef Kway Teow, Singapore

Beef Kway Teow

There was a recommendation the other day to stop at this place (East Coast Lagoon Food Village, Stall 33) on the way back from the airport in Singapore. I wasn't quite sure which stall to look for, but when I saw the big "Beef Kway Teow" sign, I knew I had found it. Having eaten all of that pho over the past week or so though, the sweetness of this broth caught me by surprise, and not necessarily in a positive way. Fortunately, the mildly sour and grainy hot sauce saved this for me.

Now, I'm not exactly an expert in this dish, so admittedly I couldn't really tell the difference between this and other bowls. But the meat (and tripe) was impressively tender and of good quality, so I presume that that was one of the reasons why the Makansutra guys gave this place a full three chopstick rating. Due to the sweetness of the broth, I doubt that I'll be making any huge effort to come back to it, but I'm glad that I did try it (despite having eaten soup noodles for so many days now), so thanks for the recommendation. Keep 'em coming!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should try the satay bee hoon at lagoon as well. Hard to miss the stall with a queue often forming 15 min before the stall opens at 6pm. The words satay + bee hoon don't seem to go well together but it's excellent - that coming from someone who usually don't like sweet food.

Anonymous said...

I lurve this beef noodle! We frequent that stall during our dating days. And after all these yrs, we still went back there to get our beef noodle fix. Now preggy with our first, its the one place I can think of whenever I had beef noodle craving!

the guy who took over from his dad still remember us.