Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Pepper Lunch Express, Dhoby Exchange

Atsu Atsu Curry Rice

Pepper Lunch seems to be running a couple miniature versions of their stores called Pepper Lunch Express, which include many of the same menu items, but also have some variations not available at the main stores. One of these is the Atsu-Atsu Curry Rice, which I grabbed tonight after not being able to get a second helping at the kebab shop.

Atsu-atsu is short for "hot-hot," right? Well, hot it was indeed. It was bubbling out of their standard issue hot plate, getting a bit on my clothes until I realized it later. It was also much spicier than Japanese curry usually is, which seemed to be the result of a lot of black pepper in this thing (I guess that's why they call it Pepper Lunch?). I did like the thin slices of beef in here, but other than that, I don't think I'll be getting this again. Besides, I can get the thin slices of beef in the other items.

No comments: