Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Convenience of Nasi Kandar

The Convenience of Nasi Kandar

Yes, this is the third time this week that I'm eating this stuff. I don't think I like it so much that it is an addiction like Pepper Lunch was. It is probably more so just that all this ready-cooked food is so convenient that I can literally be in and out of there with a full belly in less than ten minutes with little disruption to the busy working day.

Of course, having half-decent tasting food helps to make it easy to eat quickly. And the selections of this stuff change every day, thus keeping things a bit more interesting. For instance, today I tried his minced mutton, which was a tad salty, but in a good way, as it paired up well with the rice. The soup today was also one of the most sour that I've ever had, but again, in a good way. Oddly, it also had a bit of an artichoke taste to it, although I really don't think there was any artichoke in it. I wonder what it was that generated that taste then. Anyway, moving on...

No comments: