Thursday, February 02, 2006

Senso Ristorante & Bar

Thin Slice of Beef Tenderloin With Fennel Salad Balsamic Dressing

Conchiglie Pasta Served With Mascarpone CreamWow - this place (21 Club Street #01-01, 6224-3534) was pretty good. I grabbed the Executive Set Lunch, which came with several choices. The starter was a carpaccio that was decently tender. What really got me going was the extra rich mascarpone cream on the supersized conchiglie pasta shells, which made me giddy with pleasure (it reminded me a bit of Cantina). The chocolate cannoli (and a surprisingly potent coffee - decaf of all things!) respectably closed the meal. The service was excellent and the decor was elegant, making it a great business lunch venue.

Cannoli Filled With Chocolate Mousse In Orange SauceSo was there anything not to like? Yes, the prices. Although my set meal was reasonably priced at S$32 (US$18.90) for a three-course meal, the portions for the pasta were ridiculously small (I seriously wish I had at least three to four times more of it). A la carte prices of course got even higher, and what made things worse were all the bottles of water that they just started pouring away with. I wasn't expecting this place to be so expensive - this is one business lunch expense that is going to need some explaining.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If u like Italian(Creamy home made pasta) u should try the Lafiandra on 46 Prinsep Street.