Saturday, November 26, 2005

Dahi Batata Puri at Bombay Woodlands

Dahi Batata Puri

As part of my personal mission to try every single chaat item offered at Bombay Woodlands, I moved onto dahi batata puri today, per the waiter's recommendation. To my relief, this wasn't an over-garbanzo'ed plate like the paneer and samosa chaat. Instead, it was back to the round puri balls, except this time, they were filled with yogurt instead of the thin spicy broth. With the yogurt, it's a heavier version of pani puri, but in some ways better as I didn't find too many raw onions in here, thus averting the dragon breath syndrome that would normally accompany pani puri.

Both of them are good in my opinion; it just comes down to what mood I will be in next time. If I want a lighter feel yet stronger taste, then I'll go for the pani puri. If I want something richer, or if I have meetings later that day (or access to a toothbrush or gum), then I'll go for dahi batata puri.

Mmm...Indian appetizers for breakfast. It sure beats Cheerios.

No comments: