Wednesday, October 12, 2005

SQ Economy Class Dinner - Nancy Oakes

Nancy Oakes' SQ Econ Class Meal

Wow I didn't realize that Nancy Oakes created some of the SQ economy class meals too. Since my last experience with her airline cooking was so great last time, it was a no-brainer to opt for her "hunter style chicken with forest mushroom, green peas, and parmesan gnocchi" tonight. Unfortunately, I didn't really like it that much, largely since it tasted like airline food (I guess I can't really complain here though). I did like the seasonings she used, and the gnocchi was bearable (she seems more inclined toward the savory side of things), but it wasn't enough - this meal just tasted like the cramped airplane meal container that it was in. The soba starter was also a dud. Well, like I said, I really can't complain here though - it is an just airplane meal, after all.

No comments: