Thursday, December 24, 2020

Brasiero Restaurant in Joo Chiat, Singapore

Steak Frites

Places like L'Entrecote are awesome, but the bill at such places can add up pretty quickly. So I got very excited when I saw this shop (333 Joo Chiat Road, 9116-3304) doing steak-frites at the bargain price of just S$20 (US$15).

Something was off though when they asked if we wanted sliced bread to go with our Camembert. My jaw dropped even further when that sad-looking beef came out. That was not what I had in mind! This was more like steak from Saizeriya or a kopitiam stall.

Don't get me wrong; places like Uno Beef House are bargains that I enjoy exploring. But I was (foolishly) expecting something completely different for this special occasion, and yet we still paid quite a bit in the end. At least the fries were half-decent.

No comments: