Thursday, July 26, 2018

Fresh Taste Big Prawn Noodle on Zion Road

Prawn Mee

When this year's Michelin Bib Gourmand list came out, I had to do a double take. Why? They listed a prawn noodle place from Zion Riverside Food Centre, but it wasn't Noo Cheng, which always draws huge lines. Was there another prawn noodle stall there that was even better?

Nope, it was the same stall, but is now called Fresh Taste (70 Zion Road #01-04). Actually, the signage still says Noo Cheng all over it except for a little bit of text in the upper left corner; I can only assume that the name change was done to distance themselves from the original Noo Cheng over at Adam Road.

Anyway, the line tonight wasn't too long, so I grabbed the cheapest S$6 (US$4.40) prawn noodle, especially since it's been a while since I've had it. The broth wasn't anywhere as sweet as I remember it being (a good thing!), and was quite savory. Too bad that they didn't have flat noodles though.

No comments: