Thursday, March 01, 2018

Restaurant L'Antic Forn in Barcelona, Spain

Artichoke

Those artichokes above might look a bit hideous, but they had a delightfully tender heart sitting underneath all of those charred crispy petals. Actually, our main reason for coming to this place (28 Carrer del Pintor Fortuny, 934-120286) was because they had calçots. Interestingly, there was a tempura option for the calçots, but of course we went for the grilled ones instead. They were fun to eat; gloves and a bib were provided.

I was also jumping for joy to see that they provided a porron for your wine. Yay!!!! Fortunately, my calçotada bib shielded me from several porron misses. Now, I have to confess that I'm getting a bit sick of calçots now (who'da thunk it?). But I know that I'm going to come back to this charming mom-and-pop-run place. The fact that they don't speak English makes it even more appealing.

No comments: