Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Whole Earth in Tanjong Pagar, Singapore

Heartwarming Tofu Cloud and XO Rice

Not to be confused with Whole Foods, this is a Thai-Peranakan vegetarian restaurant that made it to Michelin's Bib Gourmand list (76 Peck Seah Street, 6221-6583). And I can see why: the food is pretty good...so much that this is actually my third visit in two weeks. The olive rice and Thai battered oyster mushrooms were my favorites, as well as the Penang rendang.

That said, this place isn't cheap, with most plates running at least S$20 (US$15) or more (trust me, it adds up quickly!). And I didn't care for everything that I tried, like the nutty buah keluak, which was too sour, or the "enchanted forest" dish, which was boring and overrated. But there are still other things on the menu that I want to try, and I was happy with my tofu and spicy XO rice above too.

No comments: