Monday, July 10, 2017

Yong Kee Seafood Restaurant in Singapore

Chao Tar Bee Hoon

I wanted local food tonight. But not just any local food; I wanted something unique. So I walked over to this place (43 Jalan Besar, 6396-5390) specifically because of this burned vermicelli dish. It took a while to figure out how to even place an order at this crowded place, but eventually I figured it out. And yes, I was pretty happy with this crispy plate of noodles topped with pork lard, as well as the sambal kang kong that I got along with it. Neither of them were excessively greasy nor sweet, and were both nicely balanced, making them go down in the blink of an eye. Now, I don't remember it being as good as JB Ah Meng, but I was happy nonetheless. Thumbs up.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I love going to Yong Kee. You should try the pork knuckle. Super yummy!