Saturday, May 13, 2017

Granville Island Public Market in Vancouver, Canada

Granville Island Public Market

The last time I was here was probably almost 20 years ago. And given how disappointing Lonsdale Quay Market was this morning, I figured we might as well come over here, knowing that this place was much better.

Prawns

Sure, it was a little better, but still more touristy and less food-related than I would prefer. I think I've been spoiled by all of the markets in Spain. Still, check out the beautiful color of these prawns. There were also a few stalls selling lots of varieties of smoked salmon, as well as lots of fresh fish too.

Local Sea Urchin

By the way, look at the size of these local sea urchin (there are a pair of tongs on the left for scale). These things were like the size of grapefruits! They were going for C$10 (US$7.30) each, but I'm not sure how they tasted.

No comments: