Friday, January 13, 2017

Ippudo's Kuro-Obi at Marina Bay Sands Singapore



Ippudo opened another outlet today on the grounds formerly occupied by Kraze Burgers at MBS (2 Bayfront Avenue #B2-54, 6688-7064). What's different about this location though was that there was a Kuro-Obi adjacent to the main dining room. See, Kuro-Obi was a tori paitan-focused takeout-only concept that they brought over from New York, and the broth is only available to go. And guess who was the first in line today?

The good thing is that it was the high quality that you would expect from a place like Ippudo. Still, the broth was a tad sweet for my taste, and to be honest, it just made me miss Kagetsu's version even more. Similarly, the tori karaage that I got on the side was tender and better than a lot of other ones out there, but still was not as good as Rang Mang Shokudo.

I admittedly won't get any cravings for this place as a result, but if I do come back then hopefully it's on a day when I don't have to interact with anybody afterwards. Why? They have an option for extra garlic and onions, and I suspect that this bowl would take on a significantly different character if I just cranked it up a few notches on the order form.

No comments: