Thursday, October 27, 2016

Saigon Alley at Novena Terrace, Singapore

Gỏi cuốn

I saw these guys on UberEATS a while back but had no idea who they were. Then I started reading a bit more about them online and got interested. Fortunately, I was in the neighborhood tonight, so I came by to give it a try (273 Thomson Road #01-06, 6256-0261).

It was a heck of a lot better than I thought it would be. The bánh mì in particular had a delightfully crisp and airy bread and was loaded with lots of yummy pâté. I could almost say that it was better than my favorite Bami Express, but it was a tad heavy on the meat and lacked those awesome local Vietnamese freshly sliced chilies.

Still, the kitchen here is pretty good. The gỏi cuốn were tightly wrapped and fresh, and the phở was nowhere as bland as some of these online reviews suggested, particularly since I liked the noodles. Either way, it's great that they are on UberEATS. Now I can just have a quick bánh mì delivered when needed.

No comments: