Sunday, August 07, 2016

TOKYO SUNDUBU at Suntec City's Eat at Seven

Gyoza Sun

Similar to that "Italian" place at Suntec City's Eat at Seven, this soondubu shop wasn't exactly on the top of my list there either. However, soondubu - even a Japanese interpretation of it - sounded good for a light lunch today, so we made our way over there (3 Temasek Boulevard #03-312, 6884-4435).

It was spicier than I thought it would be, especially considering that I only got level 2 or the "Japan Standard," as they put it on the menu. In fact, it was spicier than a level 3 "Singapore Standard," perhaps because the former was paired with a salt and ginger base, whereas we paired the latter with a miso base.

Anyway, the other Japanese twists were things like the gyoza inside my bowl above, or even a mentaiko cheese version, among others. I liked it better than some that I've had from Korean shops, but I'm not rushing back for it either, especially with the smell of grease from next door permeating the place.

No comments: