Saturday, March 05, 2016

Ramen Keisuke Kani King at Cathay Cineleisure Orchard

Crab Broth Ramen with Rich Soup

It's been so long since I last had Keisuke's crab-based ramen that I can hardly remember it enough to make a comparison. But he opened up a shop dedicated to it (8 Grange Road #01-03, 626206968), and yes, I liked the headfat-based broth and skinny noodles. All the same, I don't think I'll be getting this again. I'd rather try the thin broth in the hopes that it might get a bit closer to the now-extinct ebi ramen that made me like his cooking so much in the first place. At least he's encircling a number of key shellfish, both with this shop as well as that lobster-based one at Clarke Quay. Let's hope that he eventually comes full circle to bring back that wonderful prawn-based one.

No comments: