Monday, August 17, 2015

Smoothie House on Yongkang Street in Taipei

Mango Ice

This was an unplanned visit. But I was sweating like a pig after just finishing a hot bowl of soup earlier, let alone trying to walk all the way back to the hotel in this hot and humid weather. So I figured what better than to get some mango ice from whatever has since emerged from the old Ice Monster location (15 Yongkang Street, +886-2-2341-8555). I wasn't sure if would be as good as it was before, but hey, they also displayed a CNN banner, so I went upstairs into the air conditioned room.

Sure, it was smooth, sweet, and relaxing (and that's panna cotta that about to topple off that thing, in case you're wondering). But I seem to remember liking Ice Monster a lot more, except that it's been so long that I can't quite put my finger on exactly what the difference was. I just seem to remember it being much more fragrant, rich, and flavorful, right? Well, it did the job of cooling me off, but I don't know if I'm going to go for another CNN-rated place around here.

No comments: