Friday, May 08, 2015

Phở Nam Sơn on Joo Chiat Road

Phở Bò

My stomach still needed more piping hot phở this morning, so I made my way back to Joo Chiat for lunch today. Phở Việt wasn't open for lunch midweek, but these guys diagonally across the street were (189 Joo Chiat Road, 9099-7912).

I didn't care that much for the noodles, but they got the broth right, which was was basically the main thing that mattered to me. Perhaps even better were their very tightly wrapped gỏi cuốn that were filled with fresh green herbs.

I'm going to be coming back to Joo Chiat a lot more now. The food around here has gotten much better than it was a number of years ago, and there is a lot of other stuff around here that I want to try, including some kind of lemongrass clams and grilled shrimp. I'm excited.

No comments: