Thursday, March 12, 2015

Back to HK's Tasty Congee & Noodle Wantun Shop

Har Gow and Turnip Cake

I needed some food while transiting here at HK Airport, and somehow the only thing that seemed interesting was back here at Tasty Congee & Noodle Wantun Shop. I knew better than to order those noodles again though, so this time I focused on the other dish in their name: congee. Fortunately, this was much better, with the rice obliterated into a goopy sludge that went perfectly with those rich century egg slices.

I also picked up some of the dim sum above, neither of which could hold their weight against Tim Ho Wan of course, but at least the har gow was edible with a bit of that red chili oil. OK next time I'll know: stick to the congee and maybe the har gow, but pass on the wanton noodles as well as that boring lukewarm turnip cake.

No comments: