Friday, February 13, 2015

Gurney Drive Restaurant in Singapore

BBQ Lala

These guys have been around for a while now, specializing in food from Penang. Somehow, I never made my way there, but we came here tonight for a quick dinner after I got back to Singapore (yes, ironic seeing how I was just in Malaysia).

I was surprised by how much I liked it, in particular the premium crab meat fried koay teow, which was spicy and tasty, and featured some surprisingly firm shrimp. I admittedly wasn't as happy with those clams above, in part because that sweet spicy herbal sauce just overwhelmed it all. But I could easily come back for those noodles.

Note to self: on the return flight on Firefly, the front rows are better because that means that you're the last one onto the bus when you deplane at Changi, and thus first one off the bus when it drops you off right into the lower level immigration area.

1 comment:

michczl said...

Hello!

Just in case you didn't know,your blog was voted "Most favourite food blog" by Rubbish Eat Rubbish Grow (the "BEST Food Blog in Asia 2014"). Haha wow, congrats!! When i read the article i was like "hey omg it's my fav food blog too!"

So yay, please keep the posts coming! (:

Here's the link btw:
http://rubbisheatrubbishgrow.com/2014/12/24/singapore-food-blogs-2014/