Saturday, October 04, 2014

My First Taste of Biang Biang Noodles

Biang Biang Noodles

Not to be confused with bang bang chicken nor dan dan noodles, this was some kind of flat noodle from Shaanxi that incidentally used one of the most complicated characters in the Chinese language (it stumped Google Translate!). Yeah, I liked the chewy texture of those noodles, and fortunately it was seasoned nicely too, even if it wasn't very spicy. I could eat that again.

Jiaozi

To be sure, I'm not sure how authentic this was, as it was from a place at Orchard Central called Noodle Stories (181 Orchard Road #07-14, 6509-1878)...and not to be confused with the hawker stall called A Noodle Story. It turns out that it's run by the Tung Lok folks, replacing that Lao Beijing place. I never liked Lao Beijing, so in that sense, this was an improvement.

No comments: