Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Mumbai's D'Bell in Singapore

Lunch Set

The name of this place doesn't exactly sound very Indian. But it's a shop from Mumbai that I've been kinda curious about (43 North Canal Road, 6536-4046). And when I noticed that they were doing S$15 (US$12) lunch sets, I figured that it'd be a great time to go check it out.

It was much more posh than I was expecting, reminding me a bit of Pind Balluchi or Punjab Grill. And while the presence of bruschetta, wagyu sliders, and lobster bisque on the menu wasn't very reassuring, the rest of the dishes sounded promising. I nearly ordered some a la carte items but ultimately fell back on the cheap route by getting the lunch set that inspired me in the first place.

It was a lot of food for only S$15...I was stuffed. I was a bit disappointed with the quality of the fish, but the gravy that surrounded it was good, as was everything else that the brought out, be it the naan or the dessert. This place may be worth considering for a business lunch in the future.

No comments: