Monday, March 19, 2012

Punjab Grill by Jiggs Kalra in Singapore

From left: rice kheer, gajjar ka halwa, lime and basil sorbet

When I had heard that a celebrity chef from India had opened up a shop at the Marina Bay Sands serving northwestern Indian kebabs, I knew that I had to come (10 Bayfront Avenue #B1-01A, 6688-7395). Indeed, this guy is somehow associated with my favorite Bukhara too. And fortunately, they were running some lunch sets that brought the prices down a little closer to earth. It still wasn't cheap, but there's no way that I'd pay those unnecessarily upscale prices on their a la carte menu.

The good thing was that the food quality was indeed very good. I particularly liked a couple of fish and chicken kebabs and curries, even if the only thing pictured above here was the desserts (sorry, the lighting was really dim in there). Unfortunately, I didn't care too much for the service. Sure, the food came out quickly, but several of the staff were rather unpolished, which is sad considering how lofty the prices were here. In that sense, there are plenty of other upscale Indian places to go to next time.

1 comment:

... said...

Hi Traveling Hungryboy,
If you feel like ribs the next time you're in San Jose, try Smoking Pig BBQ. I've just come back from a late lunch there and I liked it. Great sauces, better than Tony Roma's (I know, low bar) and well, smoky tasty meat.

Smoking Pig BBQ
1144 N. 4th Street
San Jose, California 95112

http://www.smokingpigbbq.net/

Best regards,
Jasmine