Sunday, June 29, 2014

Cheap Beer and Lo Mai Gai at IKEA (!)

IKEA Loh Mai Kai

No, we didn't intentionally come to IKEA for breakfast; it was just more efficient that way. And when we arrived, I was surprised to find some local dishes adorning the menu, like this Cantonese lo mai gai sticky rice at a bargain price of S$1.50 (US$1.20). Of course it wasn't anything to write home about, but it was interesting to see it offered alongside the usual gravadlax, waffles, and Swedish meatballs.

IKEA Öl Mörk Lager

On our way out, I spotted something else interesting at that nasty hot dog and soft serve stand near the cashiers: cheap cold beer (no sign of a Mindy beer, unfortunately). I actually kinda liked it, and all at a dirt cheap price of only S$3.50 (US$2.80) a bottle. Maybe one of these days after work, I'll suggest that we hit up IKEA instead; it'd be a heck of a lot cheaper than going to the pub.

1 comment:

tery said...

I always wondered why the hot dog queue was so long! The dogs look plain and hideous. I guess sooooo many locals CAN be wrong!

-tery-